November 4, 2009

TAKING A BREAK


We're taking a break to get on with important stuff at home. We're having some new windows and some decorating. Most rooms of the house will be affected. Also there's a lot of furniture shifting and tidying up to do before the work can start. I dread this sort of thing but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and get on with it.

(If I could just close my eyes and wake up in about three weeks' time when it's all done......including the cleaning up afterwards.............)

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy the break Jean. Make the most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean, What a pitty ... I was looking forward to more photos of the interior of Le Château to convince me that the modern renovation was actually a good idea!

    In the meantime, good luck with the decorating. Will there be dust coming out of my computer when I log into your blog :))? Martine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martine - I would rather be blogging but the work just has to be done.

    If I get a spare minute I'll put up some photos to keep you going.

    And there will certainly be plenty of dust to clean up !!
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sympathize with you but as you wrote, you have to bite the bullet. Even a bird's nest has to be mended sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just got here from Ken's blog, and had to comment to introduce myself and say "What a handsome dog!" I'm not a dog person at all -- it's cats all the way! But friends of my parents had a standard poodle when I was young, and I've always liked them -- real dogs, nothing like those little yappy things!

    ReplyDelete