November 24, 2011

STRICTLY THE BEST

Strictly Come Dancing is one of those shows that you either love or hate.  We love it !!

This year we feel that the contestants haven’t quite come up to the standard of previous years.  They have plenty of enthusiasm but not quite the sparkle.

These two videos show one of the best contestants ever, I think, Rachel Stevens.  I don’t think there has ever been a better Argentine tango or Rumba since.

I decided to look them up on You Tube to remind us how it should be done in advance of Saturday’s competition !!

4 comments:

  1. I always had a soft spot for gethin jones......
    funny that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Nigel hates it!! This year the one who really gets up my nose despite her good dancing is Chelsea, I cannot stand her!
    My favourite dancers are still right at the beginning, Brendan and Natasha. Loved them together. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. John - I had to look him up - nice mover !!

    Diane - she spells her name "Chelsee", which says something, I think !! I can't make my mind up if she is naive, shy or what, but she's certainly a very good and natural dancer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jean for reminding me of my favourite contestant to date too. I was so disappointed when she lost the final to Tom Chambers but have to say that we saw him perform in 'Top Hat' at the Marlowe Theatre last week in Canterbury and he was excellent. So if you get the opportunity don't miss it.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete