February 6, 2012

A SHIRT AND A SNOW SHOVEL

There is a man in Phoenix, Arizona, who makes wonderful shirts and decided to send one of them on a round the world charity tour.  You can read about it here. 

So far it has spent 18 months on the road and been to eight countries.

shirt2

I read Walt’s post about it and thought that if the shirt was coming to the UK on its tour, maybe it would like to visit Derbyshire.  And so it was arranged.

I had all sorts of plans to take its picture in front of Chatsworth House or Hardwick Hall, to show the rest of the world how wonderful Derbyshire is.

shirt

Unfortunately, after one of the mildest winters so far, the shirt arrived the day before the snow fell.  So instead I spent the day clearing our drive, and my dad’s drive, and took the shirt’s picture with a snow shovel.

Derbyshire weather – you can bank on it to ruin everything.

The shirt will be on its way to sunny Spain tomorrow.  Bon voyage !!

17 comments:

  1. Great photos, Jean and what a worthwhile thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! I do hate shovelling snow -- a great family exercise in 'togetherness' in my native New England :-( During a big snow storm every couple of hours we'd get out there to keep it all under control.

    I love the shirt story -- hope it enjoys Spain as much as snow-bound Derbyshire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite stylish, even with you holding the shovel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for being part of this adventure. I had no clue what this would become, when I launched this 'message in a bottle' onto the internet sea. The best part? Getting to meet people like youself! For this, I am most grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shirt is certainly well travelled and all for a worthwhile cause, well done. I love this photo it is a real classic, better that being in front of Chatsworth house! Glad to see you doing some work :-)

    Our snow looks much the same!! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have about 15cms of snow--shovelled our paths this morning. Shirt looks great--well done in a good cause :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had a similar amount although by tonight it has mostly melted.
    The shirt is just the job for shovelling snow. Is it fleece lined?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, that was ashertive of you! Great photo! No evidence of your work tho!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shirt. Shovel. Snow. Marvellous fashion statement!. Even from Derbyshire.

    Next up; fashion statement from France?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you sure you're not just on a photo shoot for one of Gok Wan's fashion fixes??! If you're not, you SHOULD be! x

    What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The shirt looks great on you! I'm glad you jumped in... it was fun to be a part of this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahahahahaha! A great story. I'll bet the shirt had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A tough act to follow. I can't wait to receive the shirt here in Sevilla. I can guarantee it won't look as good on me, but I promise there will be no snow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jean, the shirt looked good but I'm not sure about the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woo hoo! The shirt looks FAB on you!!

    ReplyDelete