June 9, 2012

A PUZZLE FOR THE WEEKEND

Ok, so everyone, well most people anyway, knew where the last picture was taken.  Although they didn’t say so as not to spoil it for anyone who didn’t.  If you still don’t know I won’t tell either……..there will be more later, when I can see the bottom of the ironing basket.

PUZZLE

Click on the photo to enlarge.

Although it’s obvious what this is, I wonder how many people know WHERE it is !!

As the wind howls and the rain lashes down here in Derbyshire, my poor little hanging basket plants swim in a thin emulsion of compost, thanks to enthusiast watering by my dad while we were away followed by torrential rain since we came back.  Even beastlier weather than the previous beastly weather (over-use of a favourite word for which I make no apologies!).  A typical English summer in fact…….and in two weeks’ time the nights start drawing in.

I hope it’s warmer and drier where you are.  Bon weekend !!

11 comments:

  1. Hmmm...well, it's plaster skimmed tuffeau, and very dirty, so it's somewhere that people have brushed past frequently, like a doorway. It's got lots of English, so I am guessing it is somewhere reasonably touristy. I notice you have tagged it 'chateaux' so it must be a chateau somewhere :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan has said it all, I am not very good at these things! The weather is not too bright here but I suspect it is better than where you are! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the new "treatment" on your interior walls in France! Really, I have no idea... I like the word beastly. I use the much more trite and American words: horrible, awful, gruesome (well, gruesome's a good one). So sorry, anyway, about the beastly weather. We're about to go out in the Sevilla sunshine and enjoy lunch in the plaza. (Which brings to mind another American word: obnoxious.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture is from "The Blackboard Jungle." Located in sub-urban (as in underground) Derbyshire.

    (Only a Bear cold come up with this. Right?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't a clue, Jean, but you're right about the beastly weather. A bit brighter today in very wet Mid-Wales.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The weather is not much better down here. Not as soggy, perhaps, but certainly chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's from a dungeon where they hold the English-speaking graffiti-ists for punishment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No idea! I look forward to finding out though ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. From the state of it, it reminds me of the blackboard I had in my class at the first school I taught at!

    Go on, give us a clue!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaah ze English weather. Don't you juste love eet? No idea where the black board is. At one point I thoight it might be French but then there were too many English things on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have no idea where; but it looks as if it might be a bus/train shelter somewhere near one of the top chateaux?

    BTW it is raining as I write...

    ReplyDelete