November 25, 2012

BAKING ALERT!

trifle7

Some of the cakes for sale at our cake stall.

Zig-zagging from left to right you see lemon tarts and almond buns, berry Bakewell cake, the crumble cake, orange and almond cake, coffee cake, porter cake, pumpkin spice cake, sausage rolls, lemon drizzle cake, peanut butter cake, milk chocolate cake, cranberry and orange squares, Viennese mince pies, coffee and walnut cake, and chocolate Guinness cake at the back right corner of the picture.

I recently made a blackberry and apple crumble cake for our Children in Need cake stall at work.  We did really well and raised nearly £800.  That’s about a thousand euros and an awful lot of cake!

blackberry cake1

Click on the picture to enlarge.

This cake was one of the best sellers and you can read all about it here.

10 comments:

  1. Well done, Jean and friends.

    The cake looks delicious and I've made a note of where to find the recipe. I agree that it would make a great dessert, although I could probably eat it anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bloody hell
    1. I wish you lot would enter our flower show's domestic classes
    2. and where are you all when I needed cakes for my field's open day

    wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now the problem would be for me -- which one to choose -- What a quandary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh but I miss eating things like this - 'quality' goodies, not the cheap stuff we have here. Perhaps I can treat myself to something like this at Christmas - if there is anything worthwhile - so please send as many as you can to town as soon as you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spo, you can't beat home baking for sheer pleasure !!

      Delete
  5. Porter cake sounds interesting! Oh heck,they all sound interesting. So many cakes, so little time... P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline, porter cake is a light fruit cake with .... porter, or stout in it. Guinness works well. I didn't make it myself, my colleague's husband makes it every year and it's a good seller. I will send you the recipe - I already have it saved on my computer as so many people have asked for it !! You would love it, I'm sure.

      Delete
  6. The cakes display looks glorious. I'll take five blackberry & apple crumb cakes, please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jean,
    Did you catch up on our recent post on Le Grand P.

    ReplyDelete