December 17, 2012

LAST MINUTE CHRISTMAS SHOPPING

When we were in Chinon in October there was a display of old vehicles in the town.  There were fewer than we expected, due to the drizzly weather, but it takes more than a bit of rain to put off the old tractors - which were out in force.

Come to think of it, old tractors are on display at pretty much every outdoor event we go to in the Loire !!

cobra

There were however a few really tasty old sports cars, including this gorgeous white one.  Apparently it’s a Cobra.  Which means nothing to me but I could see from the glazed and dreamy look in Nick’s eyes that it meant something to him.

cobra2 

So with only one week until Christmas is upon us, I still have some presents to get, including something for Nick.  I’m pretty sure he’s got enough socks so I wonder where I could get one of these…………..

13 comments:

  1. Go for it! ... You know you want to ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have obviously won the Lottery!!
    There is a video of someone selling one
    here
    and some adverts
    here
    and one of these ones is POA!!
    Another is £113,600....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crikey, as much as that ??!!
      I will have to check the contents of the piggy bank.....

      Delete
  3. Och what's £100,000 give or take? I'd call it the perfect stocking filler! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Except that it wouldn't fit in his stocking, Jean. :-) Sadly DH would probably be far more interested in the old tractors. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The old tractors are probably more useful ...... will just go and wash my mouth out......!!

      Delete
  5. I suggest you have a look at a Corgi model which would easily fit into his stocking. Or, I could lend you the money ... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could buy him this 1/24th scale Maisto kit
    ... if you trust him with the glue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tim. Would it be ok if I email the rest of my Christmas shopping list to you ??

      Delete
    2. Not this year Jean... I'm up to my elbows insulating our heating pipes to avoid a freeze like last years... with what we've still got to do around here, you could try emailing me 2015's list!!

      Delete
  7. I say go for it (sending your Christmas shopping list to Tim, that is). He's already go a head start. (What an amazing online shopper. Those pipes must be done by now.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No... not yet! Boxes almost finished... just need to line and stuff! I am also a "window" shopper... unless Pauline sends me out alone to shop.... then anything might get purchased... and not necessarily what I was sent out for.... I've inherited that from my father and that side of the family!!
      An uncle was sent out to purchase a table from Swaffham's Weekly Auction in the Saturday market... so that the family could sit down to a meal properly... he came back with a table-sized harmonium!! He was NOT the family's favourite person at that point... but once repaired, the harmonium went on entertaining for years... I think one of my cousins has it now!!

      Delete
    2. That's a marvellous story Tim !! I love good family stories, especially at Christmas.
      When we are next chez nous you must ask Nick to tell you about the time that Princess Margaret came to lunch........

      Delete