December 25, 2012

THE FIRST DAY OF CHRISTMAS

Now is the time of year when we tend to look back, reminisce, take stock and plan for the coming year.  For the twelve days of Christmas I will be sharing some memories and some photos of the twelve months of 2012, and looking forward to spending time in Le Grand-Pressigny next year.

JANUARY

twelve days2

Returning home after our Christmas and New Year holiday in France is always depressing, especially with the worst of the winter still to come.

twelve days1

Walking Lulu was a muddy business in January this year.  Derbyshire was a very soggy place to be.

twelve days3

One rose was still hanging on in our garden.

twelve days4

And I discovered the magical combination of chocolate and beetroot.

6 comments:

  1. Happy christmas!
    I am quite glad to have encountered you this year; and have you as a blogger buddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spo, me too, I have enjoyed your witty comments.

      Delete
  2. May the peace and joy of Christmas be with you throughout 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, chocolate and beet root sounds like a good combo. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that soggy January set the weather for the whole of this year, Jean. :-) I love your last valiant rose.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to all your new posts in 2013 Jean, you always seem to cram so much into your visits to France.
    Happy new Year to you both.

    ReplyDelete