April 22, 2013

A MUSICAL INTERLUDE

Now that – dare I say it – spring has finally sprung here in Derbyshire, we are busy, busy.  I am considering putting my bag of rock salt and snow shovels back in the shed……..we know what happened the day after I did that last year !!

This morning, Nick got the 7am train to London for two days, then he’s off to Boston, Massachusetts – yes, that Boston – for just two days then he gets back in time for us to go and see Vincent and Flavia in Strictly Tango in Nottingham on Saturday.  While he’s away I will be working three days (as usual) and trying to make at least part of the garden look something like presentable after the ravages of winter on my two days at home.  Phew.

So I liked the moody tango theme to the new Caro Emerald song from her forthcoming album.  We don’t buy too many CD’s these days but I might just splash out on this one when it’s released.

Have a good week !!

11 comments:

  1. Would love to be able to join you to see strictly tango, I love Flavia and Vincent. Enjoy. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm exhausted just reading about your week.
    I really like Caro Emerald and have her first CD. Not many Dutch singers make it outside of their native country so she's done very well. Enjoy your busy week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have a busy week planned! Including fixing up your garden. (And then going to France, and fixing up your garden there another week.) You are a Bear for punishment. Oh wait; I'm the Bear — you're the gardener.

    I hope you both have a delightful time, and have wonderful stories to share at week's end.

    Blessings and Bear hugs!
    Bears Noting

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just discovered a new artist to add to my CD collection Jean. I just had to watch more of her You Tubes before going to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really enjoyed your musical interlude! Many thanks. I do hope you are right about putting the shovels away. The U.S. city of Minneapolis has just had another big dump of snow!

    As for flying to Boston for two days -- no thank you -- I can barely cope with just a week! But safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to see emotions coloring the sky, too. (Love those lyrics!)

    It might be risky putting the rock salt and shovels back in the shed. But, if you like to live life on the edge, I say, "Go for it."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very bright music. Did a little jig to it as I sat at my pc! Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You may just be tempting fate by putting all the snow stuff away already. :-) Nick's travel schedule is very similar to our son's when he's on his many overseas work trips. He thinks nothing of flying to Seattle and back for just one or two days of meetings! makes me tired just to think of it.

    I loved the song, by a singer who iscompletely new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent track, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nick's schedule reminds of when I gallivanted all over for work. They were usually 3 day stints but the flights to Malaysia or Brunei [to name but 2] were always long.

    Lovely day here. Just come in from a long-ish stint on the mower as we try and get our grass under control...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I learned about Ms. Emerald last year, and I am pleased as punch to hear she has a new album coming out! thank you!

    ReplyDelete