June 11, 2013

A VIEW FROM THE CHÂTEAU OF LE GRAND-PRESSIGNY

I have only just realised that I can take videos with my camera !!

So I took this one from the courtyard of the château.  There was an event going on in the château grounds to promote archaeological societies and museums in the area.  It was a dull and showery day but I took this little film during a brief dry spell in between the showers.

You can see how the château sits above yet close to the rest of the village.  You will also spot the new museum building alongside the original part of the château.

Taking the film was fun – I might do some more !!

12 comments:

  1. Watch out Steven Spielberg, you have some fearsome competition here! Sorry, just kidding! ;-) I like you little film. It brings back many happy memories from 2009 and 2012 when I visited LGP. Enjoy the rest of you vacation! Martine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martine - I definitely feel more practice is needed!

      Delete
  2. Well discovered! The film gives an excellent sense of the village, which it's difficult to acquire with photos. It's very easy to see why you love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely vid of your village and chateau. Looking forward to seeing the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vera, that kind of encouragement could be dangerous !!

      Delete
  4. Great. Well done.
    You can now put it on a 'loop' and watch it on a dreary day in Derbyshire...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was nice to see the "moving pictures" of your village - it looks lovely and sounded wonderfully peaceful Look forward to more.
    But were you dizzy after all that spinning around to get the 360 view? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fun discovering how to make and post videos, Jean, and this one gives a very good impression of your village and its chateau.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And what a nice job you did.....very interesting. We will look forward to more videos!
    Farm Gal in VA, USA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brings back memories of our little visit a couple of years back Jean. You were elsewhere

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful. And I love the sound of the birds. Unfortunately, I couldn't understand them because I don't speak French. (Pigeon-French, yes, but those weren't pigeons.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope to see many more videos now you have discovered the genera.

    ReplyDelete